A survivor looks out a barred window at the Hadamar Institute. Hadamar was one of six institutes used by the Nazis during the “T4 Operation”. T4 was the codename for euthanasia activities performed by German doctors on the mentally and physically disabled, children of mixed marriages, geriatrics, disabled soldiers and other lebensunwertes Leben – life unworthy of life. Patients were gassed or killed by overdose or starvation. Between 1939 and 1945, 200,000 people died under T4 guidelines.